When can acupuncture be helpful?
Pet acupuncture is used for the following:
- Pain associated with injuries and other medical conditions
- Spinal disease (intervertebral disc herniation)
- Many internal diseases
- Prevention of disease and overall health
Dr. Marzke will discuss the best treatment options available for your pet's condition. For some conditions including infection, fractures, cancer, metabolic disorders like thyroid disease, renal disease etc., acupuncture may be included as part of an integrative treatment plan along with traditional medical therapy.
How long does each treatment take and how many treatments are needed?
The first acupuncture session takes about an hour to allow Dr. Marzke to do a complete physical exam and consultation along with the first acupuncture treatment. At this appointment, Dr. Marzke will go over your pet's current medical condition along with reviewing previous records, treatments, diet history, etc. to determine the best options for treatment. After the initial appointment, most acupuncture appointments last 30-45minutes. The number of treatments needed to see benefit varies depending on the condition being treated. Some conditions can be treated just with 1 or 2 sessions while more chronic conditions like arthritis may require 4-10 sessions.
How much does acupuncture cost?
- A single acupuncture treatment is $55
- A package of 6 acupuncture treatments is $240
- New patient exam fee is $55 (for the first acupuncture exam and consultation)